Our shortest course. Specially designed for those who can only spare a week. Created to give students the opportunity to get the most out of a short stay and introduce them to the very essence of the La Mancha region.
Ruta Ñ courses are based on an innovative study plan designed and taught by personnel from a centre accredited by the prestigious Instituto Cervantes.
The study plan has been designed to adapt to the original format of Ruta Ñ programmes.
Something else that makes our courses so special is the price-quality ratio.
Price: € 900
- Collection from Madrid-Barajas Airport.
- Accommodation with host families. In some towns accommodation will be provided in hotel establishments offering the same services (any additional product or service consumed at hotels must be paid for by the student):
- A bed in a single room (or a room shared with another student).
- Bedding and towels included.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Welcome picnic.
- Farewell picnic on leaving each town.
- One load of washing per family (this service is not provided at hotels).
- Iron available on request.
- The use of all other areas of the house will depend on the specific rules agreed with each family.
- Host families are selected based on quality and compatibility.
- Host families will spend a set amount of time each day speaking to students to allow them to practice their Spanish language skills.
- Guided visits to tourist attractions, local businesses, cultural events and a range of leisure activities.
- Hiking routes with lunch included.
- Travel insurance.
- Study materials: text book, folder, pen, paper, rucksack, hat, neckerchief and information materials.
- Transfer to Madrid-Barajas Airport.
Over 40 teaching hours
- After booking the course, the student will need to enter the private zone of the website to complete a levelling test. Test results will be promptly sent to the student by e-mail and via the private zone, together with the correct answers and any necessary grammatical explanations.
- The study groups will then be assigned based on the results achieved in the levelling test. Student preferences will also be taken into account when assigning the groups (e.g. those registered as couples, groups of friends/relatives, etc.)
- Students will also be asked to answer a series of self-assessment questions which will help us to arrange the groups.
- The study plans will cover all six levels of the European Common Framework of Reference for Languages (levels A1 to C2).
- At the end of the course, students will be asked to complete a questionnaire designed to assess what they have learned in relation to topics such as grammar, history, culture, local cuisine, etc .
- Students will receive a diploma on completion of the course.
- Courses will only go ahead if at least 8 students have booked.
- If the course fails to attract the minimum number of students required, Ruta Ñ will notify any students who have booked and return all amounts paid.
- We recommend that students take out flight cancellation insurance to cover any losses in the event that the course cannot go ahead.
- All students will be collected from Madrid-Barajas Airport on the course start date between 5pm and 8pm. MEETING POINT: Terminal 1 – Check-in desk 250.
- The return transfer to Madrid (at the end of the course) will depart at around midday on the final day of the course. Students will arrive at Madrid-Barajas airport at around 3pm.
- Please ensure you plan your travel arrangements to fit in with the dates and times for collection and return transfer.
1. Arrival, Collection and Transfer to Almagro/INFANTES
The meeting point will be at Madrid-Barajas Airport. From there, students and teachers will travel together to the town of Almagro.
A class which takes place in a classroom, where our teachers (from a centre accredited by the Cervantes Institute) will teach grammar activities in combination with content based on the history and culture of the La Mancha region.
3. Class – Visit to a Local Business
A class which takes place during a visit to a local company. Students find out first-hand about the inner workings of the most representative companies in the local area whilst perfecting their grammar and extending their vocabulary.
4. Class – Guided Visit to a Tourist Attraction
During a guided tour around the town, our teachers will give a class combining linguistic, historical and cultural content. This gives students the chance to discover the interesting heritage of the towns.
5. Class – Cultural Event
A cultural event that will give students the opportunity to see the entertainment side of the Spanish culture.
6. HIKE INCLUDING CLASS AND LUNCH
The beautiful countryside is one of great attractions of this region of Spain. Our hiking days fulfil a range of objectives such as giving students the chance to enjoy a day in the midst of nature, giving the group a chance to bond, and allowing us to offer Spanish classes in an unbeatable environment with an unparalleled teaching method. Lunch is served at a specific point along the route.
7. Free Time
Time where students are free to rest, relax and enjoy the spectacular and varied local cuisine: eating tapas with friends is a deeply routed tradition in this region… enjoy!
8. Transfer to Madrid- End
The exciting Ruta Ñ experience ends here. After experiencing so many emotions, students are transferred to Madrid-Barajas airport.
I. Ruta Ñ may vary the route, but this will not affect the content and quality of the course or the services included.
II. A maximum of 12 students per group.
III. Ruta Ñ will select the route for each course, i.e. route A or B (unless a group has specifically requested a certain route).